Monday, November 16, 2009

The creation of a guitar, part 1

As I have previously said, I am going to talk about different topics in this blog that might not have anything in common! Today, we are discussing guitar making which is one of my passions.

What I intend to show you today is the way in which I make a guitar and how I would advice anyone who wants to get into guitar making to go about the creation of an instrument.

First of all, a drawing is necessary. It's better if this is a result of your own imagination! Here is how I draw an electric guitar:



Body

Grip


Grip

It's easy to find shapes on the internet, but you'll have to decide if you want to design a standard shape and then adapt it to the various components, or if you prefer to design the guitar from scratch according to the components (keep in mind the string length!)


To be continued...




No comments:

Post a Comment